Working under the supervision of the Librarian, the Library Intern will be responsible for assisting in various project-based cataloging duties, circulation management, and collection appraisal. The Library Intern must be flexible to tackle different challenges as they arise under the Librarian’s guidance. Ability to work independently as a member of a small operation is essential. The ideal candidate is accommodating, enthusiastic, and has a sense of humor.
The Library Internship is a 3 week position, with a stipend of $100/week. Interns are responsible for finding their own housing in the area, as well as transportation if needed.
June 27th – July 15th
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Both copy-cataloging and original cataloging of Schulz Library collection, via a Koha OpenSource ILS
- Sorting, organizing, and creating finding-aids for the library’s Zine Collection and Student Work
- Evaluating and appraising duplicate copies from library backlog
- Assisting patrons in the library, monitoring circulation, shelving and organizing books
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Clear understanding and experience with MARC cataloging, tagging, and LC subject headings
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, with clear dedication to the goals at hand
- Strong passion for and knowledge of graphic novels, zines, and artbooks
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience using Koha, or similar Opensource ILS
- Experience with organizing and creating finding aids
- Knowledge of and experience with eBook platforms, specifically for iPads
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to the Head Librarian, Caitlin McGurk
Applications must be received no later than June 14th