Handmade Crafternoon: Celebrate the Library with Zines!
Saturday, May 7, 2011, 2 - 4 p.m.
Margaret Liebman Berger Forum (Map and directions)
Did you know that the Library has a landmark collection of zines, little magazines produced by individual writers and artists of all kinds? Would you like to learn more about zines while trying your hand at creating your own little periodicals?
Join crafty librarian Jessica Pigza of the Rare Book Division and Crafternoon author Maura Madden for a free Library-loving, DIY-publishing day. We'll be joined by two special guests: Ayun Halliday, author of the Zinester’s Guide to New York City; and Karen Gisonny, the super librarian behind the Library's collections of zines and small presses and periodicals. So join us to celebrate the Central Library’s 100th Birthday with a zine-making afternoon.
- This is a FREE event and there's no advance registration required. The seating will be first-come-first-served, and we'll open the doors at 1:45pm. We have space for a total of 96 crafters.
- Where: Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Margaret Liebman Berger Forum (on the Second Floor, Room 227)
- When: Saturday, May 7th, from 2:00 to 4:00pm (doors open at 1:45pm)
- Check Hand-Made at NYPL for additional details as the event nears.
- Want to get your own copy of the Zinester's Guide to New York City? Stop by the Library Shop in person or visit online to get yours before or after our event!
- Class Format: Hands on
- How to register: First come, first served
- Audience: Artists, Adults, Enthusiasts