Looking for an intership for the Fall 2011 semester? The Lesbian HERstory Achives need you!
The Olneyville Library in Providence, Rhode Island, is trying to expand its local comics/art books/zine collection, so that the public can have access to these rare local gems.
Zine Apothecary, a new circulation distro in Minneapolis, needs donations for themselves and their sister project The Fly Away Zine Mobile.
Moira Clunie has generously improved our collection with new-to-us zines from New Zealand, Australia, and the UK.
I'm working my way through our cataloging backlog, which I hope to finish by the end of the semester. This weekend, I'm tackling zines starting with the letter U. Much can be gleaned about girl and feminist culture from zines, even from just their titles, so I thought I'd list the titles of the U zines I'm working on. For your delectation and edification:
Today's zines cataloged include:
- The (Not So) Glamorous (Okay, Maybe a Little Bit) Life of the Zine Intern by Erin Elzi
- Simply Something About Me
- Soliloquy #3 by Kristen Braun
- Some Thoughts by Chris Boarts
- Some Yoga Asanas for Gynaecological Health by Lin & Lisa
- Something Catchy Here #2 by blakslee
- The Sound of the Hollow #1 by Nova
- Sourpuss #8 by Sara McCool
- South by Alessandra Naccarto
- [space] by Moira Clunie
- Sparkly Angel Zine #1 by Sara Berry
- Speranza #8 by Chantal
- Spime #1 by Suzanne Baumann