Planned Parenthood of Northern New England wants your sex stories for a zine edited by Hannah Neurotica. Contributions due 6/1/11.
Size matters. Well, sometimes.
‘Zines/comics under 10 pages will be published in full.
- Any accepted zine submission over 10 pages will need to be excerpted.
- Your ‘zine can be any size (micro-mini, 1/4 page, half page, etc), as long as it is under 8.5 inches.
- If you have something short–like a poem–lay it out by hand and send it. One page ‘zines are okay, too!
Timing is important, too.
- Submissions are due by 6/1/2011
- We will accept electronic submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org , or you can mail us copies (NOTE: we cannot return submitted work. Please do not send your only copy! ) to:
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England, 183 Talcott Road, Williston, VT 05495
ATTN: Zine Project
IMPORTANT: include your name/address/email/phone number. We may need to contact you!
- We want you to get out scissors and glue and make a brand spanking new ‘zine (or)
- submit work your have already created!
- Make a collage, a comic write a poem, art, whatever. We love it all!
- If your ‘zine is selected we will need your autograph on a release form to publish it.
- Anomymity: we are happy not to publish your name at your request, but we will still need your info so we can give you a free copy if you are selected!
- Stories mentioning Planned Parenthood will be given priority.
- Some examples: tell the story of your first period | did your family talk about sex? | tell us your coming out story | do you feel comfortable disucssing sex and relationships? | have you had an abortion? | do you have personal experiences with adoption? | do you feel your gender is fluid? | have you worried about STDs? |