"doubts started to creep in at me today, as i looked through my zine collection and noticed how few of those zines are still publishing. what was i doing, starting now?
Saturday, March 19th, 7 PM
JustSeeds & Books Through Bars present…
VOICES FROM OUTSIDE
An Art Exhibit & Benefit Auction to send books to prisoners
The complete Voices From Outside: Artists Against the Prison Industrial Complex created by the JustSeeds Collective for the 10th anniversary of Critical Resistance.
At the Not An Alternative/Change You Want To See Gallery
84 Havemeyer Street, Williamsburg Brooklyn
L to Bedford, J to Marcy, or G to Metropolitan
This exhibit, installed on the occasion of the Barnard Center for Research on Women Scholar & Feminist Conference, "Movements: Politics, Performance and Disability," seeks to shed light on the voices of women living and working with disabilities-telling their stories via the D.I.Y. mythos of the personal , self-published zine.
Bluestockings, 172 Allen St., Manhattan
Friday, February 25th @ 7PM - $5 Suggested
Posted with permission:
My name is Lydia Love, and I am producing an Experimental Erotic Performance Art Festival in March. This is a huge project of mine, and for two of the events, I want to hire a Zine/Minicomics Artist to create something capturing their experience. One event will be a Panel Discussion on Intimacy & Art on March 16th, and the other is a workshop called Un-Idealizing Sex on March 19th. Both events will be at the WOW Cafe Theater in Manhattan's East Village.
Today's zines cataloged include:
- The (Not So) Glamorous (Okay, Maybe a Little Bit) Life of the Zine Intern by Erin Elzi
- Simply Something About Me
- Soliloquy #3 by Kristen Braun
- Some Thoughts by Chris Boarts
- Some Yoga Asanas for Gynaecological Health by Lin & Lisa
- Something Catchy Here #2 by blakslee
- The Sound of the Hollow #1 by Nova
- Sourpuss #8 by Sara McCool
- South by Alessandra Naccarto
- [space] by Moira Clunie
- Sparkly Angel Zine #1 by Sara Berry
- Speranza #8 by Chantal
- Spime #1 by Suzanne Baumann